The War Memorial

On the green at the top of School Lane is a simple granite Celtic Cross erected in 1920, and inscribed with the names of twenty seven soldiers from Weston Turville who died in the two World Wars

Names on War Memorial

The following names were added in 2002 following research for a book about the village, during the First World War, by June Underwood.

The memorial was rededicated at a special service on 10 Nov 2002. Egbert Bates' omission was only discovered in October 2002.

(There is also a gravestone for Officer Cadet Norman Ward in St. Marys Churchyard.)

More details on each of these soldiers available at Bucks Remembers