On the green at the top of School Lane is a simple granite combined War Memorial in the form of a Celtic Cross erected in 1920 and inscribed with twenty names of those that fell in the Great War.
Six additional names were added on a separate plaque following the Second World War.
Further names were added in 2002 following research for a book about the village, during the First World War, by June Underwood. The memorial was rededicated at a special service on 10 Nov 2002 to. Egbert Bates' omission was only discovered in October 2002.
Village Green before the memorial
Cutting the names 19 Aug 2002
Completed new names 2002
Inscriptions on the North-West Face of Monument 2012