4000-2000BC Mesolithic occupation. Flint blades found in School Lane 
2000-1750BC "Beaker People" Bronze Age trimmed flint scraping blades
found in allotments off Church Lane 
2000BC Late Stone Age Flint axe head found in Middlefield 
1200BC Bronze Axe head found in Middlefield 
571 According to the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles, the Vikings
subjugated Aylesbury, they must surely have had
a look at Weston Turville too.
800s Weston Turville part of Danelaw
1582 October 5 to 14 - Nothing happened. 
1642 20 people assessed for tax for contibutions for Ireland 
1721 "Burnside" built, it was once a small drinking house known as "The Vine"
1797 "The Old School House" was built and used as "dame School".
1798 Posse Comitatus lists 119 men between the ages of 16 and 60 in Weston Turville 
1799 Prior to the enclosure, the Map of Weston Turville shows 3 very large open fields, broken up into tiny strips. 
1801 Census 497 inhabitants in 109 families living in 72 houses recorded in Weston Turville 
1811 Census shows population as 524
1821 Census shows population as 611
1822 Edward and Rebecca Needle of Weston Turnpike in the Parish of Weston Turville were murdered.
1831 Census shows population as 637
1839 Weston Turville Church of England School founded, demolished in 1970
1839 The Union (Baptist and Congregational) Chapel erected
1841 Census shows population as 718
1851 Census shows population as 748
1861 Census shows population as 724
1871 Census shows population as 812
1872 Outbreak of "Foot & Mouth Disease" on Weston Turville farms 
1881 Census shows population as 824
1891 Census shows population as 791
1901 Census shows population as 720
1905 School room added to the rear of The Union Chappel
1920 War memorial erected.
1926 The village was connected to electricity grid (11 years after Aylesbury)
1940 German Air Raids - 4 Oct 6 craters on the Aylesbury side of West End  
1940 German Air Raids - 5 Oct Between Broughton Turn and Weston Turville  
1943 7 Mar British typhoon plane crashed on Manor Farm and Barley Close  
1948 Film star Carmen Miranda attend May Day celebrations, crowned the May Queen & joined in dancing 
1959 Royal Observer Corps monitoring post opened next to Weston Turville Golf Club
1968 Royal Observer Corps monitoring post closed
1970 Weston Turville Church of England School moved to current location
1984 Hampden Hall used for billeting the Israeli Team for Paralympics
1999 Weston Turville starts a Historical Society
2012 Olympic Torch passes through the parish & the Paralympic Torch passes through the village
2012 Post Office paints a postbox in the village gold to honour Pam Relph's Olympic gold
To add significant dates to this timeline, email suggestions to Webmaster@WTHSoc.org.uk.
- ^ Weston Turville - A History by Hamish Eaton (Kimble Press)
- ^ "Much More than the Village Schoolmaster" (Weston Turville Historical Society)
- ^ Buckinghamshire County Council, "Bombs Over Bucks"
- ^ Breaking the seal: The ownership of Land (The Open University)
- ^ "The Times" archive