Though doubts now exist regarding the concept of the "Icknield Way" there is evidence for there being an ancient long trackway, which probably originated as Bronze Age or Iron Age drove-ways, running along Worlds End Lane and West End (which was historically a through road). The ancient track-ways, may explain the siting of the original hamlets that now form the parish.
Weston Turville has been settled since before Roman times, the Domesday village of "Westone" with it's Norman Motte and Bailey, derives it's modern name from William de Turville, who was granted the manor of Weston by King John in 1212.
The parish of Weston Turville extends from Broughton to the north, to Wendover in the South, and from Aston Clinton in the east to Stoke Mandeville in the west. The parish covers an area of about 930 hectares (2,300 acres) and has a population of approximately 3,100.
In the 14th century the village comprised the five manors of Weston Molins, Weston Botillers, The Hide, Bedgrove and Broughton Hollands. The Weston Molins and Weston Botillers manors were united in the 16th century as Weston Turville, having then about 200 inhabitants.
The landscape of Weston Turville is very typical of one created by Georgian enclosure. It was used as the example for enclosure landscapes by the Open University discussion on "The ownership of Land".
The initial Weston Turville Conservation Areas were designated by Aylesbury Vale District Council in 1991 and amended in 2007 to comprises three areas, two large and one small.
- ^ Weston Turville - A History by Hamish Eaton (Kimble Press)
- ^ Weston Turville - Conservation Areas (Aylesbury Vale District Council) 17th October 2007
- ^ Breaking the seal: The ownership of Land (The Open University)